Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I survived Tonsillitis

Holy crap!!!
That is all that needs to be said.

I cant believe I was so sick for an entire week. It was the worse week of my life too. I was completely fine Monday and Tuesday morning I wake up with a semi sore throat, I thought I might have been doing a hell of a job snoring so I ignored it. I went to work and Im working, filing, making folders and then it hit me!!
I started to feel soooo bad, I even asked my boss if I started to feel worse if I could go home early. She told me to just leave at my lunch, she could tell I looked bad. So i did and it was all down hill from there.
I get home and I take a nice hot bath, I take everything out that I need to prepare Mark's dinner and then I passed out on the couch. I set an alarm to get up and Make his Spahgetti and meatballs(I didnt want my hard working babe to be hungry hen he got home), but if I hadnt I would have slept all day. I made his dinner and we ate and watched TV and then I wen back into the bedroom to sleep while he was being entertained by cartoon network. I woke up at around 10 something feeling awful. I had a headache, body aches and I felt like death. Turns out I had a fever of 103. Mark helped me break the fever and I slept, I made a Dr appointment and my mommy took me the next day.
What I came to realize this entire week was that no one will ever baby you when you are sick quite like your mom or grandma.
I am the biggest whinner when it comes to me being sick and I become and attention hog and a me me me child all over again. I want someone to baby me. I remember when I was sick as a little girl  my Tita( short for abuelita) taking care of me. She was the one I spent most of my time with because my mom had to work all the time. So she would be there for me always and I loved it. She would hold me if I was whiney, tell me how special I was, give me my medicine, watch movies with me, give me massages, rub vick's vapor rub all over my body, make me chamomile tea and just love on me. I miss thse days. I never had to ask her to do it either and Im pretty sure if I went over there today she would still be the same. I love her so much and not having her around made me so sad. I had Mark, but it definitely wasnt the same. I dont like to have to ask someone to baby me when Im sick I like them to do it without asking. The funny thing is my sister kept calling anc checking up on me and I have a feeling she is going to turn out just like my tita when her babies are sick, and that is awesome!!!
I love my tita so so much she is the best. My mom is pretty good but she cant top my granma in the babying department. Mark is trying, I guess its really hard when he has to leave for work at 5:20 in the morning and doesnt get home until 6pm and his body is tired from the manual labor hahaha. Poor guy Im pretty sure this past week was hell for him because I was a sick emotional rollercoaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment